The California Department of Toxic Substances Control 2018 electronic Verification Questionnaire (eVQ) is now available! (Boy, that’s a mouthful.) California hazardous waste generators, you must complete the 2018 eVQ if your EPA ID number was active anytime during the 2017 fiscal year (7/1/17 – 6/30/18) or you disposed of hazardous waste during the 2017 calendar year. The eVQ verifies that the information on record for the EPA ID number is correct and is used to collect state-mandated fees, based on the number of hazardous waste manifests that were generated over the past year.
- To complete the eVQ (and pay fees), log into your account or create a new account at https://evq.dtsc.ca.gov/Home.aspx.
- If you don’t complete the 2018 eVQ by the deadline, DTSC will deactivate your ID number.
- There is no charge for manifests if all the waste on the manifest was recycled, indicated by “management method code” (MMC) H010, H020, H039, H050 or H061in box 19 of the manifest. Note that some waste may be transferred from the initial TSD (MMC H141).
- Companies with less than 100 employees are exempt from fees for the first 4 manifests.
- eVQ manifest fees are separate from state hazardous waste generator fees and from any applicable CUPA fees and e-manifest charges.