DOT & Hazardous Waste Awareness Training
In a continuing effort to support our clientele, ACTenviro is proud to announce that we are offering a combined complimentary training for (1) Hazardous Waste Awareness and (2) DOT for Signing a Hazardous Waste Manifest.
This course is intended for individuals who generate or manage hazardous waste or who handle hazardous waste in any way, including signing hazardous waste or medical waste shipping papers. It is intended to
address the EPA and Cal/EPA training requirements for hazardous waste handlers (22 CCR 66265.16) as well as the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) “function-specific” training requirements (49 CFR
172.704) for signing hazardous materials shipping papers (such as a hazardous waste manifest or medical waste tracking document).
This training will cover the following EPA, Cal/EPA and DOT topics:
- Regulatory background
- Definitions of hazardous waste & universal waste (California specific)
- Definitions of DOT Hazard Classes
- Labeling requirements (California specific)
- Storage requirements
- Storage/accumulation time limits
- Inspection requirements & Recordkeeping requirements
- Sink disposal guidelines
- Requirements for shipping hazardous materials (including hazardous waste and medical waste)
- Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest and Medical Waste Tracking Documents
All employees who generate, inspect, ship, or work with hazardous waste are required to take portions of this training annually
Thursday, August 23, 2018
8:30 PM – 11:30 AM
967 Mabury Road, San Jose, CA. 95133
12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Please RSVP to 408/548-5050 by August 9, 2018
Space is limited to no more than 2 attendees per generator and a total of 35 attendees.
Refreshments will be served
We look forward to seeing you!