ACT owns and operates fully permitted TSDFs; offering recycling, fuel blending, treatment, incineration, and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. We also own an extensive fleet of trucks, including; box vans, semi-trailers, roll trucks, and vacuum tankers. All in full compliance with Federal and State DOT and EPA regulations.
50% of role is not driver/driving related (some labor)
1. Drive a Class A or B truck (with HazMat and Tanker endorsement preferred)
2. Processes and consolidated various chemicals including bio-hazardous materials
3. Safely transports hazardous materials and chemicals
4. Labels and organizes containers in compliance with all regulations
5. Inspects hazardous waste storage areas and documentation
6. Responds to emergency situations when called upon
7. Assists with shipping hazardous waste including biological waste
8. Attends and maintains all required training necessary to perform job
9. Performs safe work practices involving chemicals, radiological, and bioactive agents
10. Availability to work weekends and extended hours as needed
Experience and Background
1. Class A or B driver with 3 year driving experience
2. Hazardous materials/waste industry experience a plus
3. Tanker and Roll off Bin experience a plus
4. Must be violation free and have no accidents on record
5. Ability to lift 40 pounds
6. Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background screen, physical, respirator fit-test, and drug screen
7. ACT is willing to train the right person
High school education or equivalent
· ACTenviro is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
· This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties of someone in this position would perform. All employees of ACTenviro are expected to perform tasks assigned by ACTenviro management/supervisory personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties
About ACTEnviro Chaparral, NM
ACTenviro is a nationally recognized, employee-owned company involved in all facets of hazardous waste management. As a single-source provider of hazardous and biological waste management, recycling, disposal, treatment, health and safety, and compliance services, ACT is at the forefront of the renewable energy revolution.
ACTenviro is a Forward-Thinking, Professional Organization with Family Values and Customer Commitment.
Please visit www.actenviro.com to learn more about ACT.